Deuxieme Dean Street December

 After a sad start to 2023 for Dean Street Press with the loss of its founder, I hope that Liz Dexter's  hosting a second Dean Street December will end the year on a brighter note for all involved.

For the inaugural Dean Street December, I managed to read and review 27 books published by Dean Street Press. For Dean Street December Deux, I've opted for a much saner 15, shown in the image below. As with last year's challenge, several of the non-mystery middlebrow books are new to my library, another seasonally appropriate donation to DSP and Furrowed Middlebrow! 😁

Dean Street Press books

 I plan to read the books in the left-to-right order of that screenshot, mixing up mysteries from Brian Flynn and Christopher Bush with middlebrow works from Molly Clavering and her next-door neighbour, D. E. Stevenson. Once again, many thanks to Steve Barge for Brian Flynn and to  Curtis Evans for Christopher Bush.

  As an avid user and endorser of The StoryGraph, I'll again be posting all my reviews there, but will also update this page with a link to the reviews as I finish each book. The slower required reading rate should allow me to give more attention to the reviews. One thing that might be different about some of the reviews this year is the possible inclusion of "Did Not Finish" reviews. I'm much more ruthless now about dropping books and if any of these books trigger my drop reflex, I will outline why rather than force myself to finish them.

This year, the first entry for my Dean Street December is The Case of the Running Mouse  by Christopher Bush, the 27th Ludovic Travers mystery. Curtis Evans' introduction has certainly whetted my interest.  Let the games begin, again! 

 

REVIEW
REVIEW
REVIEW



REVIEW
REVIEW
REVIEW



REVIEW
REVIEW
REVIEW



REVIEW
REVIEW
REVIEW



REVIEW
REVIEW
REVIEW

Comments

  1. Glad to have you taking part again and hope you enjoy your 15 books! (Liz)

    ReplyDelete
  2. .... and you did it! (Liz again)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts